Ghee has been a staple in Indian cuisine for ages and it has also been used in Ayurvedic medicine for years. This particular thing has a rich and nutty flavour and it comes with tremendous health benefits.
Ghee can also be referred to as clarified butter but that is not exactly the truth. Clarified butter is mostly made by heating the unsalted butter till the water and milk solids rise to the top and can be skimmed off. Ghee is rather obtained after cooking for a long period and then straining out the water with the milk solids. One must have the organic desi ghee to get the most benefits.
- First of all ghee is all natural. It does not have any Trans fats or preservatives. It has a low moisture content and can stay fresh for up to a year without any kind of refrigeration. Hence one can use them whenever they need throughout the year even if they do not want to use it on a regular basis.
- Ghee can reduce the exposure to the cancer causing agents. When one uses oil for cooking then at high temperature, most oil breaks down to some unstable elements which are known as free radicals. Now if that enters the body then it can result to cell damage which can also lead to the development of cancer. But when one cooks by using ghee as a medium then it has a smoking point of nearly 500 degree Fahrenheit and so it does not break. They are the best when one wants to make preparations that need a lot of frying.
- Ghee has plenty of anti oxidants and they can neutralize the free radicals which can prevent any kind of tissue damage and cell damage that can lead to other diseases. Ghee also contains Vitamin E which is the most powerful anti oxidant that is found in food.
- Ghee when obtained from cow milk has conjugated linoleic acid. This according to medical researches can not only combat cancer but can also prevent cardio vascular diseases. One can also reduce their body weight by having ghee on a regular basis.
- Ghee is not only for cooking and eating. This can be used by people as a topical moisturizer to prevent the dryness of their skin. If one applies ghee on their scalp then it can also fight the scalp dryness and help one to grow lustrous and thick hair.
- According to Ayurveda, ghee also has a lot of anti inflammatory properties. Ghee can be used to treat swells and burns. They have a lot of anti viral properties and can help one to have a healthy digestive system. It can repair one’s stomach lining.
- Ghee also contains monounsaturated Omega 3 fatty acids and it can help to promote healthy heart and cardiovascular system.
Organic ghee is a great alternative for the ones who have dairy allergies because this is formed by removing milk solids. It is a great nutritional powerhouse.