Instagram is a great way to keep up with your friends and family, but it can be frustrating when you want to see their stories but they haven’t posted one recently. That’s why we’re here! We’ll show you how to view someone else’s Instagram story without an app so that you can catch up on all the good stuff they’ve been doing lately!
How to View Someone Else’s Instagram Story Without an App
If you don’t want to use an app, or if it’s not available in your country and you need to view another person’s Instagram story without an app, there are other options.
To do this:
- Go to the profile of the person whose story you want to view (or their profile if they’re not using Instagram).
- Press and hold on their username at the top right corner of their profile until they appear with an arrow pointing towards them (the same way you would see someone’s bio).
- Tap on that icon and then tap “View Story” at the bottom right corner of their screen when prompted by Facebook for authorization
1. Log Into Your Instagram Account
To do this, go to the “Settings” section of your profile and then tap on “Keep me logged in to Instagram at all times.” You may have already turned off this feature; if so, you’ll need to turn it back on before proceeding with steps 2 through 6 below. The next step is logging into your account from a computer or mobile device (if applicable).
2. Go to the Profile of the Person You Want To View
The next step is to go to the profile of the person you want to view.
Tap on their name or profile icon at the top-righthand corner of your screen, then tap “See More.” This will open a list of friends and followers.
3. Tap the Following Button
To view someone else’s story, tap the following button in your Instagram feed. This will open a list of friends who follow you on Instagram and have published stories recently.
In this list, you’ll see all their public posts listed by date; scroll down to find an arrow that points at “more.” Tap it to see all of their stories. If you see any that look interesting, click through!
4. Tap on the Profile Icon at the Top-Righthand Corner of the Screen, This Will Open a List Of Friends, and Then Scroll Down To The Bottom Right, Where You’ll See a Circle With A Checkmark Inside It, This Way You Can Mark Their Stories (you can also do this by swiping up when viewing someone’s story)
- Tap on the Profile Icon at the Top-Righthand Corner of the Screen, This Will Open a List Of Friends, and Then Scroll Down To The Bottom Right, Where You’ll See a Circle With A Checkmark Inside It. This Way You Can Mark Their Stories (you can also do this by swiping up when viewing someone’s story).
- Once You’ve Marked Their Story In Your Story Line, It Will Now Be Visible To Everyone That Has Liked That Person’s Page.
5. When You’re Ready To View The Story, Tap On The Thumbnail At The Bottom Center Of Your Screen, Then Swipe Up On The Screen To View Their Story
- Tap on the thumbnail at the bottom center of your screen.
- Swipe up on the screen to view their story.
The best way to handle this issue is by being kind and giving others the benefit of the doubt. Try not to assume that a person who has blocked you is doing so out of anger or malice, as this could lead to unnecessary drama.