Dow Corning Corporation, Wacker Chemie AG, Bluestar Silicones, Hubei Xin Sihai Chemical Co., Momentive, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Alfa Aesar GmbH & Co. KG are some of the prominent players in the Polydimethylsiloxane Industry. North America is expected to be the most opportunistic polydimethylsiloxane market, accumulating 26.5% revenue in 2022.
NEWARK, Del:The global polydimethylsiloxane market is anticipated to create lucrative growth opportunities over the assessment period from 2022 to 2032. The global market held a valuation of US$ 1,533.7 Million in 2022 and is expected to secure US$ 2,644.7 Million in 2032. The growth of the market is attributed to modern medical advances demanding sophisticated polydimethylsiloxane systems.
Furthermore, the demand for cosmetic and personal care products is also driving growth in the polydimethylsiloxane market. To meet the exploding demand for self-healing composites from end-use industries, polydimethylsiloxane producers have expanded production facilities and further develop new products in the market.
Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) is a silicon-based organic polymer that is inert, non-flammable, and non-toxic. The compound is generally known as dimethicone. Polydimethylsiloxane is an optically clear and viscous substance.
In addition to its water repellence, anti-foaming, low vapor pressure, low surface tension, oxidation resistance, heat, heat stability, resistance, good dielectric properties, and others make PDMS an excellent material for a variety of industrial uses.
For Critical Insights, Request for PDF Sample @
Polydimethylsiloxane comprises a diverse set of properties that make it useful in a variety of applications, including surfactants, cosmetics, medicines, anti-foaming agents, hydraulic fluids, coatings, and household products.
Attributing its versatility, the material has rapidly gained popularity in constructing devices that can be used to study the behavior of neural stem cells. In addition to having a low-cost and simple fabrication process, PDMS microchannels are among the most widely prototyped polymeric devices.
These devices are much more affordable than the ones made of silicon and glass. Owing to its numerous advantages across several other fabrication materials, polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) silicone elastomers have received much attention for the development of substrate platforms in mechanobiology and microfluidic applications.
- Numerous sectors including cosmetics and medicine among others rely on the chemical and physical properties of PDMS. According to various forecasts, the cosmetic industry generated US$ 265 Billion by 2017 and contributed significantly to polydimethylsiloxane demand. As developing economies grow, there will be an increase in the demand for PDMS in lubricators, hydraulic fluids, and coatings in the market.
- Polydimethylsiloxane is a liquid chemical used majorly in the production of adhesives, sealants, and coatings. Additionally, it has the unique advantage of being economically and environmentally friendly, which makes it an ideal material that can be produced using polymer-based siloxane.
- Surging developments and investments in infrastructure have driven the global construction industry’s growth, particularly in the commercial sector. This is likely to propel the growth of the polydimethylsiloxane market since industry-specific adhesives and sealants are in high demand.
- Polydimethylsiloxane is well known for its versatility and has proven to be an extremely diverse material. It is used in a variety of biomedical and medical applications including pediatrics, orthopedics, sensors, implants, catheters, punctual plugs, valves, electromechanical devices, and surgical instruments.
- Polydimethylsiloxane is permeable to gaseous elements and compounds comprising of nitrogen, oxygen, hydrogen, and carbon dioxide, while providing a barrier to liquids, such as water, blood, and urine. Consequently, polydimethylsiloxane market revenues are expected to grow significantly during the current year.
- Similar to an elastomer comprising a plethora of properties, PDMS has many distinct characteristics that make it attractive for a wider range of applications, including its low cost, permeability to gases, transparency, low autofluorescence, and high moldability.
For More Information, Query or Customization Visit @
Key players in the global Polydimethylsiloxane market are using the material in various end-use applications. Due to the increasing popularity of the product, many start-ups are not only engaged in producing low molecular weight polydimethylsiloxane but they are also involved in all aspects of distribution and production.
A majority of lower molecular weight polydimethylsiloxanes are used in pharmaceutical and personal care products due to the widespread application of polydimethylsiloxanes for chronic disease treatment.
Key Companies Profiled
- Dow Corning Corporation
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Bluestar Silicones
- Hubei Xin Sihai Chemical Co.
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co.
- Alfa Aesar GmbH & Co. KG
- Sigma Aldrich Corp.
- Jinan Haohua Industry Co. Ltd.
- TCI Tokyo Chemical Industry Co.
- Fisher Scientific International Inc.
- Xona Microfluidics
Browse Full Market Report@ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/polydimethylsiloxane-market
Key Segments Profiled in the Global Polydimethylsiloxane Market
Polydimethylsiloxane Market by Type:
- Lower Molecular Weight Polydimethylsiloxane
- Higher Molecular Weight Polydimethylsiloxane
- Ultra High Molecular Weight Polydimethylsiloxane
Polydimethylsiloxane Market by Application:
- Polydimethylsiloxane for Lubricants and Greases
- Polydimethylsiloxane for Surfactants and Antifoaming Agents
- Polydimethylsiloxane for Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Industry
- Polydimethylsiloxane for Food & Beverage Industry
- Polydimethylsiloxane for Other Applications
Contact Sales for Further Assistance in Purchasing this Report@
More Insights into the Polydimethylsiloxane Market
The North American market is anticipated to dominate the global polydimethylsiloxane market. The region held around 26.5% of the global market share in 2022. Market dominance is likely to be facilitated by the presence of key players in the region and the growing demand for healthy food products.
The European region is expected to generate significant revenue in the global polydimethylsiloxane market and is expected to do so for many years to come. A market shares of 22.7% was taken into account in 2022.
Table of Content
1. Executive Summary
1.1. Global Market Outlook
1.2. Demand-side Trends
1.3. Supply-side Trends
1.4. Technology Roadmap Analysis
1.5. Analysis and Recommendations
2. Market Overview
2.1. Market Coverage / Taxonomy
2.2. Market Definition / Scope / Limitations
3. Market Background
3.1. Market Dynamics
3.2. Scenario Forecast
3.2.1. Demand in Optimistic Scenario
3.2.2. Demand in Likely Scenario
3.2.3. Demand in Conservative Scenario
3.3. Opportunity Map Analysis
3.4. Product Life Cycle Analysis
Explore FMI’s Extensive Ongoing Coverage on Chemicals & Materials Domain
Fluorescent brightening agents Market Size: Global demand for Fluorescent brightening agents Market is expected to reach a market valuation of US$ 0.5Billion by the end of the year 2023, accelerating at a CAGR of 9.5% over the forecast period (2023 to 2033).
Renewable Polyethylene Market Demand: The global renewable polyethylene market is expected to register a CAGR of 18% by garnering a market value of US$ 5,082 million by the end of 2033.
Synthetic Cinnamaldehyde Market Share: The global synthetic cinnamaldehyde market was estimated to reach a valuation of US$ 284.2 million in the year 2022. With a CAGR of 6.7% from 2023 to 2033, this market is expected to reach US$ 289.2 million by 2023 and US$ 556.2 million by 2033.
Platinum Nanoparticles Market Growth: The global platinum nanoparticles market is expected to register a CAGR of 4.4%, garnering a market value of US$ 437 million by the end of 2033. As of 2023, the market for platinum nanoparticles is slated to reach a valuation of US$ 284.1 million.
Organo-modified Bentonite Market Sales: The global organo-modified bentonite market is currently valued at US$ 271.8 million and it is set to reach US$ 501.3 million by 2033. Overall organo-modified bentonite sales are slated to rise at a substantial growth rate of 6.3% CAGR between 2023 and 2033.
About Future Market Insights, Inc.
Future Market Insights, Inc. is an ESOMAR-certified business consulting & market research firm, a member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce and is headquartered in Delaware, USA. A recipient of Clutch Leaders Award 2022 on account of high client score (4.9/5), we have been collaborating with global enterprises in their business transformation journey and helping them deliver on their business ambitions. 80% of the largest Forbes 1000 enterprises are our clients. We serve global clients across all leading & niche market segments across all major industries.
Future Market Insights Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs | YouTube
For Sales Enquiries: email@example.com