A moist and delicious beauty with melted butterscotch chips is the best recipe for Butterscotch Cake that you will come across. So, let’s get started with the recipe below.
For the cake
- 2 1/2 cups (325 gm) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3.4 oz butterscotch instant pudding mix
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups (337 gm) packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (168 gm) unsalted butter, room temperature
For the frosting
- 1 1/4 cups (280 gm) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 11 oz butterscotch chips, melted
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk or cream
- 12–14 oz butterscotch chips, for decorating
- 6 1/4 cups (719 gm) powdered sugar
Recipe / Instructions
1. Line three 8 inch cake baking containers with baking paper in the base and oil the sides. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Join the flour, baking powder, pudding blend, and salt in a medium bowl and put it aside.
3. Include the butter, vegetable oil, and brown sugar to a big bowl and beat together until light in shade and fluffy, around 4 minutes.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and blend until totally mixed and smooth. Scratch down the sides of the bowl.
5. Include half of the dry ingredients to the batter and blend until well joined.
6. Include the milk and blend until all mixed well.
7. Include the remaining dry ingredients and blend until everything is mixed and smooth. Scratch down the sides of the bowl. Don’t overmix the batter.
8. Pour the batter equally between the cake baking containers and bake for 23 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9. Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes before inverting them on a wire rack to cool off totally.
10. To make the butterscotch icing, add the butter to a big bowl and beat until smooth.
11. Gradually include the melted butterscotch chips and blend until all mixed.
12. Include half of the powdered sugar, half of the cream or milk, and salt and blend until mixed well.
13. Include the remaining powdered sugar and blend until smooth.
14. Include the rest of the cream or milk varying to get the correct consistency of icing. Put it aside.
15. To assemble the cake, utilize a big blade or spatula to remove the domes from the top of the cakes so they’re level. Put the first cake on a turntable or serving plate.
16. Spread around a cup of icing into an even layer on the top of the cake.
17. Put the second layer of cake on top of the icing.
18. Include another cup of icing on this cake and spread into an even layer.
19. Top the cake with the third cake and frost the outside of the cake.
20. Press butterscotch chips into the sides of the cake following icing it.
21. Utilize the rest of the icing to pipe shells around the edges of the cake.
22. The cake is ready!
You can refrigerate it before serving so that everything is settled.So, that’s how you bake a super yummy and delicious Butterscotch cake. Hope you liked the recipe. If you can’t bake this beauty, order cake online in Pune, Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, or in any other city where you live. Have a great delicious day!