Acuvue Oasys is a particular kind of contact lenses that is available under the brand of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care. Acuvue Oasys contact lenses usually feature the best UV protection technology that helps in keeping a person’s eyes hydrated.
This article explores the Acuvue Oasys brand, the various types of contact lenses that this brand sells, and how you can purchase them. We would also focus on how to buy Acuvue Oasys for astigmatism.
What are Acuvue Oasys contact lenses?
Acuvue Oasys is a kind of contact lens offered by the popular Acuvue brand, which is a part of the Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Company. It is reliable brand that has multiple health care and baby care products.
The Acuvue Oasys are disposable contact lenses available with different variants that can be used for one day or two weeks, depending on the kind of product that you prefer to purchase.
Acuvue also offers the most specialized lenses for people who have the following problems:
- Myopia, also known as nearsightedness
- Astigmatism is a bend in the cornea or lens of the eye that leads to blurry vision
- Hyperopia also referred to as farsightedness
- Presbyopia is a natural vision loss as a person gets older, making the nearer objects appear blurry.
Importance Of Eye Health and Appropriate Check-Ups
People who wear Acuvue Oasys for astigmatism are required to take those additional precautions while using them as compared to using normal eyeglasses. You need to maintain the overall cleanliness of their Acuvue Oasys contacts, cases, and solutions for preventing eye infections. Here are the precautions that you should necessarily follow:
- Carefully and regularly cleaning the Acuvue Oasys for astigmatism
- Thoroughly washing and cleaning the hands before you handle the contacts or the eyes
- Using the clean and fresh solution for rinsing and storing the Acuvue Oasys contacts
- Removal of the contacts while swimming or while using a hot tub
- Avoiding the usage of tap water for cleaning the Acuvue Oasys contacts
- Visiting an optometrist for the purpose of eye exams
- Replacement of the contacts once every three months
- Storing the lenses properly as per the instructions
It is always recommended that the users of Acuvue Oasys for astigmatism to avoid sleeping with their contacts. If you want to use your lenses permanently then you should consult your doctor to choose the best variant.
Benefits of Acuvue Oasys for astigmatism
There are several potential benefits if you buy Acuvue Oasys for astigmatism and use them regularly. These benefits are:
- Improved & corrected vision
- No visible changes to a person’s appearance while wearing them
- The contacts do not fog up, unlike the glasses
- Enables the users to take part in physical activities or sports while putting in the contacts
- Provides peripheral vision
- Allows people for wearing non-prescription sunglasses
Pros & cons of Acuvue Oasys for astigmatism
The most obvious pros of Acuvue Oasys for astigmatism are:
- Options for 2-week to 1-day lens replacements according to an individual’s preference of comfort
- A money-back guaranteed
- A person can buy Acuvue Oasys for astigmatism online or offline from a doctor’s office
- These contact lenses are specialized for various conditions
- The individuals can use insurance or even health savings accounts for help in covering the cost
Some of the cons of Acuvue Oasys may include:
- These are relatively of higher cost
- This may not work very well for all kinds of eye problems or eye prescriptions
- Its daily replacement lenses may give an uncomfortable feeling within just 5 hours
Knowing and understanding all the facts mentioned above would help you buy Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism and use them properly.