Regardless of the sector of activity, offering a digital medium (website, application, etc.) capable of interacting qualitatively with users has become a standard for any professional. This general desire obviously creates vocations, especially when it comes to website development.
The keystone of this whole system is that, the web developer has an almost unlimited choice of technologies and languages on which to train and work. Each language responding, according to its qualities, to very specific prerogatives, it is often difficult to clearly identify the good from the bad, a choice which is all the more delicate when one wishes to start a training. Most of the Web Development Company in Lahore wants to know, what are the most powerful current languages and the website development technologies on which they are based?
What is Web Development Technology?
Before going into the details of programming languages, it is essential to clearly define what is meant by web development technology.
Indeed, the latter corresponds to a structuring choice linked to the general aspect of the project. Here, you must first take into account your technical skills before determining your website development technology which will consist of 3 axes:
- The database management system: Relational, no SQL type, licensed or open source. The choice is often made according to other variables. Generally, the choices are directed towards licenses (SQL server, Oracle) or open source solutions of the relational type.
- Development language: See below
- Development tools: API, Framework, software etc. the tools you are going to select should never stop from anything other than the strategic needs of your project.
All these variables will thus determine your overall web technology. It is therefore very important to identify your needs, especially in terms of knowledge. This is how you can consolidate a reliable website development strategy and clearly identify the points that require training.
The Best languages to learn for Website Development
Now let’s put our cursor on the programming languages. Because yes, training in web development is also choosing training in terms of requirements. It is a question of having all the cards in hand so as not to launch headlong into a course, which ultimately will not meet your expectations.
In France, PHP remains the programming language most appreciated by developers, in particular thanks to a hyperactive community which does not hesitate to offer permanent help via the various forums. The result: PHP currently has an 80% market share in the web development language.
In free access, this technology (used only on the server side) makes it possible to manage data and thus produce HTML pages, themselves submitted to browsers. Object oriented, this language allows web developers to create customer records, invoices and other products.
To facilitate this emission of objects, the PHP designers created sets of structured and preceded functionalities capable of generating a framework and tools in tune with your object: the Frameworks.
In order to familiarize yourself with these famous PHP frameworks before a potential training, here is the list of the most famous:
- PHP Symphony Framework: MVC architecture, centralized URL routing optimization, YALM language, integration of function modules, and use of Twig etc.
- Codelgnite PHP Framework: MVC architecture, centralized URL routing, helpers, template, caching etc.
- PHP Laravel Framework: efficient SQL, Restful, ORM queries, cache system, efficient template engine, connection with authentication etc.
Internationally, the IEEE Report
The IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) is a professional association with more than 400,000 members (computer scientists, telecommunications etc.) which aims to share knowledge in the field of electrical engineering.
This organization has thus established a ranking of the best programming languages, according to several variables:
- Employer demand
- Development of websites and web applications
- Development of mobile applications
- Development of business applications
- Development of embedded systems
We can observe that it is the Python language which is doing well, is explained in particular by the fact that Python is now registered as a language for embedded systems. In second position, we find the C ++ language. In third position and closing the podium, the C language. PHP ranks sixth (this ranking is based on global polls):
- C ++
Less well-known but just as important was Google’s invention of the “node JS” language. This technology has revolutionized the development of interfaces by easily allowing real-time display on many websites and applications such as Uber, LinkedIn. A solution increasingly favored by developers.
Website Developer: Which language for which Application?
Training in development languages must target a priority need. This need is conditioned by the future projects that you will approach and carry. Thus, we must systematically ask the question of the field of application.
Detailed report with respect to certain criteria mentioned above:
- Development of mobile applications: The leading group, made up of C ++, C and Java, stands out very much from other languages, thus positioning itself as the benchmarks in terms of development of mobile applications.
- Development of embedded systems: According to various surveys, C and C ++ remain here the preferred languages in terms of embedded system, with a special mention for Assembler and Java, in constant progress in this field.
In the future, few jobs will do without digital technology, so it is never too late to train in computer coding whatever the means used (internships, private lessons, professional training, self-study, etc.).