Cybersecurity is a space that is expanding, and the recent pandemic that has forced organizations to embrace digital and cloud technologies have only accelerated the demand for qualified cyber security professionals.
As demand heats up, people are looking to upgrade and qualify for industry-recognized certifications to cash in on the growth this space is witnessing. The EC Council is offering the CEH course, which is amongst the most desirable certifications available in the market today. Since being introduced two decades ago, this certification has remained a benchmark in the information security domain.
The latest version of the CEH Course, version 11, teaches you the hacking tools, tips, and techniques to ethically hack into any system or organization. This course is trusted by most of the fortune 500 companies. Ethical hackers, also are termed white hat hackers who think and apply their knowledge to protect society from any type of cybercrime.
What sets this course apart?
There are many features included in this ethical hacker certification as listed below:
- It is based on the NICE 2.0 framework.
- It focuses on different types of attacks like vulnerability analysis, web API threats, cloud attacks, fileless malware, amongst others.
- Allows you to exploit the latest technologies, including container and OT technologies.
- Allows you to get your hands dirty with hackathons and hacking challenges to showcase your potential to the world.
- Learn from real-world examples and case studies.
- Understand the evolving trends in this industry to prepare and defend against any cyberattack.
- Dive deep into the world of malware and ransomware, especially in the financial and banking sector.
- Get access to a simulated environment to practice real-world cases.
- Learn other advanced practices and methodologies in this field and contribute to the community.
- It includes a library of tools and techniques that are required by security practitioners across the globe.
With the increase in smartphones like android, mobile vulnerabilities need to be monitored, and security guidelines around the same need to be built. Also, session hijacking techniques and countermeasures are an important aspect that is focused on in the CEH course. Enumeration techniques, steganography, and network scanning methodologies are also further covered in detail.
The CEH Course also covers ways and means to audit webserver attacks, monitor the webserver infrastructure, perform wireless encryption and hacking.
Earning your CEH Certification:
- On your path to CEH Certification, there are currently two ways to go about it. The first option requires that you attend the security training with one of the partner agencies, and the next one mandates at least two years of work experience in the cyber security domain. There are also training boot camps happening around the world that you could enroll in.
- Next step up your preparation for tackling the exam:
- Understand the blueprint of the exam you plan to undertake.
- You need to tackle 125 multiple choice questions in four hours’ time.
- The cut-off scores range from 60 -85% to pass the exam.
- There are 20 modules spanning across the broad spectrum of the CEH course, including hacking, enumeration, malware, SQL injection, and cryptography.
- Concentrate on the courses and lab sessions you take up in the preparation phase.
- Once you are confident in your preparation, go ahead and get started with registration. You can either sit at a physical testing center to take up the exam remotely.
- On the exam day, have the right mindset, concentrate, and revise the CEH course content you have ingested.
- Ensure you renew your certification by paying the yearly fee to avoid having to sit for another exam to be recertified.
Cyber security certification is your gateway to plenty of opportunities in the information security knowledge area. Some of the common job profiles that look for certified candidates include:
- Cybersecurity Auditor
- Security Analyst
- Warning Analyst
- Network Security Engineer
- Penetration Tester
- Ethical hacker
- Solution Architect
- Cyber Security Consultant
- Compliance Analyst
- Vulnerability Assessment Analyst
The CEH course is your gateway to a career in ethical hacking. If modern technology and cyber-crime interest you, this is the right direction and track to accelerate and grow your skillset. You can design a strategy to secure your organization and earn as well in the process. Good luck with your journey!